Thursday, March 20, 2014

I Failed the IELTS Test But Here's My Story on How I Get Up

Failures are part of our everyday life. Sometimes, things that we plan do not go usually on how we like it to be. I am a living witness to it and here’s my story.

I was self-employed having my own business at home. With the growing number of expenditures at home, I looked for opportunities abroad. I did not finish a degree in college so getting one was a real challenge. A friend of mine shared that his brother was undergoing training in butchery. Butchery is one of the skilled works that is in demand in other countries especially in Australia. The first time I heard about it, I immediately got interested. I am used to hard work and being away from the family would not be of a huge problem as long as I could provide them with their needs financially. I asked my friend what I needed to do. He told me that I should take an IELTS or the International English Language Testing System exam first. IELTS? I did not know anything about it. He said that it is an English exam and Australia needs it to have a proof that their workers can speak English. That time, I already had doubts whether to push through or not as I was not confident with my English. Nevertheless, my friend encouraged me to visit a review center where his brother enrolled.

I was really apprehensive and enrolled in the program. I attended classes and did the weekly assessments. I needed to get a score of 5 in the IELTS. Little progress was seen on my exams. I was getting disappointed. I studied hard and my score somehow increased in weeks. After three months in the program, I took the exam. However, not all candidates were lucky to get their target scores, and I was one of them. To be honest, I felt so down. Everybody at home felt sad as well. However, I realized that this should not stop me. I went back to the review center and luckily, I took the review for free. It was part of the program that I paid. I studied more and pushed myself harder. I read some articles online on how to improve my scores especially on my speaking and reading.

I took the exam again and got a 5.5! I was really elated and processed my documents needed for the butchery training. My training has ended a week ago and our batch is now preparing to fly to Australia next week. The IELTS has brought me this wonderful opportunity. Thanks to the best coaches that I had and to IELTS as well.

Know more about IELTS here: www.ieltsexamstips.com

1 comment:

  1. A high score represents a high level of proficiency; a low score shows a lower level.IELTS is an exam designed for people of any level to take. It gives a result which does not show a pass/fail according to a certain standard, but rather shows your current level in different areas

    ielts british council

    ReplyDelete